Why I Came to Polythreme

Author: itsdavidvc / Labels: , , , ,

I could not bear to have him order me away again. For once, my clothes ceased to pull at me as I dropped to my knees, sobbing.

I told the Clay Priest what I had never told another soul. I told her about what happened to the Comtessa, all those years ago. He stood motionless as I confessed to him. The very air seemed to hush to overhear me.

"I swear! I was trying to free her! I had no idea she would..."

I felt his massive hand wrap around my shoulder.

"THE WAILING OF YOUR TEARS AS THEY GREET THE SOIL ARE TRUE."

He lifted me to my feet gently, then slowly lumbered back towards the shrine.

Again, I was tossed about like a scarecrow through deafening streets of Polythreme. I still so distraught that I made no effort to resist my own vestments, and they carried me twice as fast as they had before.

With a running leap not of my own volition I landed prone on the deck of the Caravel. Once my head stopped spinning I sat up I best I could, and stared down at my twitching gloves.

"Yes. You're quite right. I'm done here."

0 comments:

Post a Comment